Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Lazy Lazy Lazy

Soooo yesterday was NATIONAL LASAGNA DAY, so obviously I forced my family to celebrate with Vegetarian Lasagna Soup (: Apparently it was good, my social life called me away before it was done, but I'm gonna eat the left overs for lunch today.
But as to how I made it!
This dish was made in a crockpot...possibly the best invention of all time. Yeah. So the ingredients went as follows:

Can of tomatoes and okra
Can of italian-style tomatoes (whatever that means)
Two handfuls of mushrooms
Dried Basil
Medium-sized squash--chopped
Four garlic cloves--smashed
Half a medium sized onion
Salt
Pepper
Garlic Salt
Small can of tomato paste
Cup of water
Noodles

So I poured ingredients "Can of tomates and okra" through "Galic Salt" in my crockpot and turned it on "8 hours" I used 8 hours for the lower temperature, but it really only needs to be cook around 4-5 hours.
A good 45 minutes before you want to eat it I added the small can of tomato paste, water, and noodles. It doesn't really matter what type of noodles, I personally crushed lasagna noodles, but that is what I had.
After you add the noodles you need to stir it every 10 minutes to make sure all the noodles are cooked, and incorporated nicely.
I am pretty sure that is all I did with it. It would probably be really good with zucchini and eggplant, but I did not have those at my disposal yesterday. If I have left anything out...you'll be okay, just improvise (:

No comments:

Post a Comment