Monday, May 13, 2013

Walk walk walk

As you may have presumed from my rather obvious use of foreshadow in my title, there was a great deal of walking done today. Our host mother was supposed to take us in the bus to our school, but we were late (imagine that, late) so she took us to another host mother who was gonna take us there via bus. Guess what. She was even later! So we took a taxi...a street taxi...an unregistered taxi. That was probably one of the most interesting experiences of my life, thus far. Volkswagon vs Micro (giantassbus). However, we eventually made it to school safe and sound :)
School...school school school. School is boring as shit. Like, wow. Maybe I just wasn't feeling it today, but THREE hours of Spanish, lunch break, then DOS MÁS horas de cultura! Ay. Que horrible. Anyway, whilst on our lunch break we walked for, pretty much, ever. All the way to the coast. Literally. 


What next, what next. Well after class we went shopping. I bought some things :) Two gifts. Though I'm gonna have to be honest with you, unless I has specifically told you that you are getting a gift, don't expect one. Sorry. I don't have the time, money, or emotional capacity to do so. Yikes, now that things are awkward (the way that I like them!) let us continue. So we bought gifts and such. Went to the pharmacy..tried to buy some vitamin C cause my throat hurts (PLEASE remind me to get a steroid shot before I go out of the country again), well, apparently a bottle of 100 vitamins cost 46 soles más o menos 18 doleres, which is relatively the same amount as the OVER THE COUNTER XANAX! Yes, ladies and gentlemen, you read me correctly, over the counter Xanax. Srsly? $18 for vitamins but you can sell me some cheep Xanax just fine?
**I would like to take this moment to announce that I have indeed not purchased the readily available and fairly cheep over the counter Xanax, but if I wanted to, I could.

Oh yes! Before the shopping and vitamin fail experience we did ride one of the vanbusesofdoom.
<< Right there. That is it. From the inside, obviously. That was a little crazy. It was crowded, there was the usual horrific driving, oh yeah, and THEY CHARGED US DOUBLE FOR BEING GRINGAS. Es la verdad! Apparently they have a Peruvian price, a gringo price, and a Chinese price. What.The.Heck. Oh well, it was only 1 sol. Nbd. So, possibly because of that experience, and possibly because we just didn't know what bus to take, Lyndsay and I walked home. It was a little confusing at first. I may have freaked out a bit, not too bad, but I may have got a little bitchy...whatevs. But we made it. After we got ourselves..whatever that word is that means you know where you and where you are going..we were set. The walk it a little over thirty minutes, so we plan on doing it everyday :)


Anyhow, I am getting tired and my clever, as well as my ability to type, are running on empty :/ I think I will go to bed.
nightnightnight

No comments:

Post a Comment