Seeing how
I have not blogged in possibly over a year, I figured I could do a few whilst I
was here in Peru! :D As of right now I am sitting in my little bed, typin’ this
up as the bright(ass) sun shines in through the 6x6 window that is in our room
(in front of it is a lovely place to do yoga). We arrived in our home around 1
am this morning. So far all has been well. Our host mom is adorable and speaks
fairly good English, so if there is some confusion in Spanish, we can clear it
up with English.
We woke up
around 8 am :/ and waited in our room until 9ish for the family to leave (maybe
we’re a little anti-social, it’s whatever) before we went to go get breakfast.
Sidenote, Mother’s Day is HUGE here, they left to go eat breakfast with the
grandmother for Mother’s Day. Anyway, our breakfast was amazing, freshly squeezed
orange juice, yummy coffee :D, yogurt, bread with cream cheese and strawberry
jam. It was seriously delicious. Oh, and they have this super sweet doggie! She
is like 15 years old…I don’t remember her name, but our mom calls her Negra, so
I guess she answers to that ha!
After
breakfast we came back upstairs to chill out and do some yoga. Lyndsay is
amazing at yoga, I think I will see if she wants to do it every morning.
So after
skyping with the love of my life aka Akeem Taron Moore :D, I brush my teeth…and
realize…that I have forgotten Peruvian 101…I have bushed my teeth with
unfiltered tap water three times now. I think I’m gonna be okay though. I
certainly hope so. I really don’t feel like keeping filtered water up here for
my teeth brushing. So hopefully I will be alive tomorrow. If so I’m gonna keep
on doing it, what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger right?!
Well, that is pretty much a synopsis of my first 12 hours in Peru! We have lunch with our family at two, and then orientation for school around four. After that we have dinner and a show of traditional Peruvian dances :). I am rather excited. I am also hoping that the school is much closer than what I think it is, I don’t mind figuring out the bus system, I would just rather walk…
Well, that is pretty much a synopsis of my first 12 hours in Peru! We have lunch with our family at two, and then orientation for school around four. After that we have dinner and a show of traditional Peruvian dances :). I am rather excited. I am also hoping that the school is much closer than what I think it is, I don’t mind figuring out the bus system, I would just rather walk…
Welp, adios! Hasta maƱana (espero)
-Sarah
No comments:
Post a Comment