Thursday, December 1, 2011

What What What

It really amazes me how much can change in a matter of weeks, days, hours, seconds. Our whole lives can be flipped upside down, with seemingly minute coincidences. This thought crosses my mind often, probably because I seem to get myself in situations that require me to think about what all has happened, let me up to the event, and what can or will happen. Maybe I over think things, but I like to think I am just taking in the broader picture, appreciating things that are, that could be, and never would. I suppose that's what life is about, being able to recognize these things so that you will know what decisions to make if you are caught in a similar situation down the road.

Maybe I think about these things because a series of crazy unexpected situations led to where I am today, to this exact moment. I can't help but to think that if one thing were different I would not be here, I don't mean here as in alive, but here in this wobbling rolling chair, in the hallway of the philosophy department at UAB, discussing the possible consequences of blogging with a professor. No, something would be different; I cannot say what, but something. I may have been dressed differently, I may have went straight home, rather than spend this time blogging, or I may have went to facebook instead. Life is so full of choices, it is seems impossible that we can go through and entire day without making one that will catastrophically effect our entire lives, and sometimes we do, but not as much as chance says we should.

Wow, that was kind of melodramatic, but hey, that's who I am. I guess I'll quit for today, I suddenly find that I have a great deal of things to think about.

Au revoir.

No comments:

Post a Comment